The Priority Services Register is a free service provided to customers who need extra support. The register is a way of ensuring that we are helping customers who need to be supported in a particular way, need tailored communications or would struggle to maintain their well-being if they lost their energy supply.
You can contact us if you’re a customer of ours and need additional support, and we can either register you over the phone or you can alert us on the website during the switching process. We will then contact you to take further details of your registration to the Priority Services Register. It's completely free and confidential and we can assure you that you will always receive the help you need.
Why being on the Priority Services Register could help you:
- If you need it, we can provide your bills from us in different formats i.e. larger/bolder text
- If you have a prepayment meter at home, and someone in your household finds it difficult to reach because of disabilities or illnesses, we may be able to move it to a more convenient location for you.
- If you find yourself having trouble reading your meter, we can assist you and have a member of our team come and do this for you.
- We are able to send duplicate copies of any correspondence from us; letters, documents or emails, to a chosen friend or relative.
- If you are critically dependant on your energy supply, if your supply does ever need to be turned off, we will make sure that you get longer notice of this.
- If an engineer does need to read your meter, and you feel anxious about letting them into your property, we can arrange a confidential password between us, which the engineer with need to provide before you let them into your property.
Are you eligible?
You could apply if you are:
- Living with children under the age of 5
- Chronically ill
- A pensioner
- Blind or partially sighted
- Deaf or hearing impaired
You should apply if you are dependant on electricity to keep any of the following running in your home:
- Oxygen Concentrator
- Stair Lift
- Kidney Dialysis machine
- Bath Hoist
- Stair Lift
- Apnoea Monitor
If you are a carer, friend, or relation to a customer of ours who you believe should be on the Priority Register, do let us know.
How can I apply?
If you think you should be on the Priority Services Register, or you would like to apply on someones behalf, you can alert us online during your switching process or speak to a representative over the phone. We will then contact you to gather more information for your registration Or you can call us on 0345 222 2525.